holley terminator x read error

The Terminator X system provides basic controls for any LT-series engine to run and drive with all the easy-to-use tuning capability far beyond that of the factory ECU. Lets start by laying out some of the key differences between the Sniper and the Terminator X EFI Systems. Once selected, the data will be displayed. Normally after you update the ecu, it will ask you to remove the sod card and reinstall. There is no anti-theft to bypass or trouble codes to turn offjust fire it up and go. Mar 6, 2023 It wasnt so much the value of the Terminator TBI and Stealth compared to other EFI systems. Price Point: $$, Robust, feature-rich 4.57 out of 5 stars Andrew, Yes. In the setup Wizard it asked if it was a Drive-By-Wire and we selected no. Estimated International Ship Date: You can select Terminator X Max for LT OR LS drive-by-wire (DBW) throttle body control, with or without transmission control, or a Terminator X Max with transmission control but without DBW control so you can choose to leave out certain aspects of your ECM system or get one with all the controls for future updates to the vehicle. Then you better get Terminator X because Sniper cant do this without buying an external box (costing you an extra $200+). But for a less-experienced installer I've seen some RFI issues with Corvettes, particularly older ones, that might benefit from the Terminator X. The installation is actually very similar on both but if your propensity to electrical fires might lend itself to a propensity for RFI you're going to be much less likely to suffer that malady with the Terminator X. Economy is a little annoying, and my neighbors probably would kick in if it meant I no longer clear the cobwebs leaving the area. classic car or truck So Sniper owners have to install a second sensor from a much more expensive (about $80 each) standalone gauge. Those can be challenging to reassemble without pinching the wires. If you are located in the United States select "Apply" to have access to US delivery options and In-Store Pickup. Very Quick Shipping & Help Guides Have Been Invaluable For Setting Up My Holley Sniper. Drivers for this are already present on PC's and laptop computers. Thanks again for your time. Mar 28, 2023, 3.5 out of 5 stars (6), Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-903, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-910, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-904T, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-909T, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-910T, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-903T, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-905, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-904, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-937, DIYAutoTune MegaSquirt Gen 2 Plug-and-Play Engine Management Systems MSPNP2-EEC4A8, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1218, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-905T, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1219, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1217, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1216, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-909, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1225, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 Plus Self-Learning Engine Management Systems 36140, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-936, FAST XFI Sportsman EFI Engine Control Systems 303000, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 554-152, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1223, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1600, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1211, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1215, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1601, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1214, Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems 550-1221. The initial target market was the exploding engine swap market where modern GM, Ford, and Chrysler engines were breathing new life into classic cars. Terms of Use | Privacy and Security | Site Accessibility While the Terminator X Max has the ability to do the transmission and drive-by-wire throttle control they do so with a fraction of the Input/Output capacity of their more expensive counterparts. Using the Jeep transmission for now. Scenario 5: Power user. Including but not limited to, Fuel Tables, Timing Tables, Idle Control, DBW Control, Boost and Nitrous Control, and much more. 2 0 obj Mar 28, 2023, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Plug and Play Harness, 02 Sensor, 3.5 in, Touchscreen, Ford, Modular, 2 Valve, Stock Coil, EV1 Injectors, Kit, Estimated USA Ship Date: In most cases, the Sniper can be successfully installed and never experience any of this. Wideband Status - Blue = Too Hot, Too Cold, Slow Warmup, or Uncalibrated, Green = OK!, Red = Sensor Failure, Yellow = Sensor Heating, Off = Sensor Disabled. This is going to do everything you want. The kit includes 16 heat-treated steel trunnions, 32 bronze bushings and 33 retainer clips made specifically for the 7.3L Ford Godzilla engine. Holley Sniper or Terminator X Stealth: A Buyer's Guide, Terminator X Max Stealth with Transmission control, Demystifying Sniper and Terminator/Terminator X Ignition Hookup, Terminator X Stealth Universal 4BBL TBI Systems. Scenario 6: Draw-through Supercharger application. Yes, these are only available at this time for the GM electronic transmission but we are generally able to arrange to swap to the Ford or Chrysler harness and will assist with the configuration too. We checked continuity from the ECU plug to the TPS plug and it's good. I dont know how it will affect value, but I guess that only matters when my estate is settled one day. That saves you the difference between the cost of the HyperSpark distributor and the adapter harness (between $150 and $200.). He has served as the president and CEO of Holley since 2009. Ok, good start. jegsperformance (574,577) 96.9%. These kits also include application specific installation instructions to help you quickly and accurately convert your 5.0 powered foxbody to Terminator X EFI! If using the 3.5 Touch Screen in conjunction with a Holley Terminator EFI kit, be sure to read and follow all instructions regarding Drive By Wire throttle body operation in your kit's installation manual . Terminator X Max won't recognize TPS. ( 7 ), Estimated USA Ship Date: Estimated International Ship Date: This one depends. Mar 3, 2023 . If you are an international customer and would like to change the currency that prices are displayed in, you can do so here. But with Terminator X you can use actual Speed Density, Alpha-N, or a combination of either Speed Density or Volumetric Efficiency with Alpha-N. I'm going to say go with the Terminator X Stealth. Dec 13, 2021. Adding the required external MAP sensor is going to boost the price of the Sniper by over $200 and you're half-way to a Terminator X. Features include: These improvements also contribute significantly to extending engine life, Aeromotive, the leading aftermarket fuel systems and accessories manufacturer, has developed Direct Drop-In Brushless Fuel Pumps for all 2011-20 Ford Mustangs, excluding GT500s. Go with the 8-injector if youre making over 500 HP or using E-85. Estimated International Ship Date: The Corvette has MSD ignition and distributor. Estimated International Ship Date: The Sniper was released fairly fast on the heels of another family of TBI systems called Terminator TBI and Terminator Stealth. Andrew. 1 2 3 4. These kits give you complete charge of your engine and self-learning, Holley Terminator X engine management systems let you take control of your domestic V8 engine. Temperature is another issue. It sounds like you've made the right choice for your setup. Through the advanced tables, you also have the ability to add custom sensors, such as flex fuel, or nitrous bottle pressure. Estimated International Ship Date: Pricing was reasonable, shipping was prompt and Chris helped me with a wiring question during my install. (Will not control low-impedance injectors) And with the ability to display and datalog driveline data along with everything else the options are staggering. But if you have the Terminator X Stealth, you could shelve the throttle body, add the appropriate harnesses, and make this into any of the different MPFI systems that one could build using that ECU. Mar 21, 2023 if ordered today, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Plug and Play Harness, 02 Sensor, 3.5 in, Touchscreen, Ford, 2011-12 Gen I Coyote, EV6 Injectors, Kit, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Plug and Play Harness, 02 Sensor, 3.5 in, Touchscreen, Ford, 2015-17 Gen II Coyote, EV6 Injectors, Kit, Engine Management System, Terminator X, Late Direct Injection, Chevy, Gen V, LT, Kit, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Plug and Play Harness, 02 Sensor, 3.5 in, Touchscreen, Ford, 2015-17 Gen II Coyote, EV1 Injectors, Kit, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Plug and Play Harness, 02 Sensor, Ford, Modular, 2 or 4 V, Smart Coil, EV6 Injector, Kit. Ive got all of the power I could want in a light 52 year old car. https://documents.holley.com/558-406ss_diagram.pdf, https://documents.holley.com/558-102ss_diagram.pdf, http://forums.holley.com/showthread.9623#post69623, If this is your first visit, be sure to Find Holley Terminator X Engine Management Systems and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! * Holley EFI industry-leading, easy-to-use software suite allows full laptop access for advanced users Also included; real-time strip chart, and datalogging/datalog viewing capabilities. Remember, diagnostic LEDs must face up! Other than that, there was no other area to identify Drive-By-Cable that I could find. Through the advanced tables . Will the terminator x control a Holley sniper EFI  Asked by: Bubba. CAN Bus Sensors In both cases the ECUs monitor a set of sensors and then transmit this data over the CAN Bus to the displays, gauges, and laptops. These kits give you complete charge of your engine and self-learning fuel strategies, along with the proven, race-winning technology of Holley EFIall at a budget-friendly price! 1 0 obj We've even replaced the TPS. Thank you! There is one loose wire harness for all the optional accessories, such as fan control and AC input/output. HP ECU's. If you go with the Sniper then you're looking at adding at least a HyperSpark distributor, and at that point you're pretty close to what you would have paid for the Terminator X Stealth plus adapter harness--without all the other benefits of the Terminator X. I have a 505" Mopar (front distributor) 80% street / 20% strip car. The Terminator X has real-time learning, so you can literally just plug it in, load a base tune and go for a drive. Mar 22, 2023 RFI is a "silent killer" that may never be cured. These predated the Terminator X systems by yearswell get to that soon enough.) It has 8 injector outputs and outputs for other devices. Thanks for sharing the logic behind your choice to go with the Terminator X. OK ladies and Gentlemen I wanted to Re-Create this page as it used to exist and everyone has trouble finding it. If this is you then you might check to see if a twin Terminator X Stealth has been released or consider our Twin Terminator. Estimated International Ship Date: About the only thing you can't re-use is the Sniper's built-in MAP sensor. * Plug-and-play compatible with more Holley EFI accessories If you are content at 606 HP then four injectors will be fine. But sacrifices had to be made. I should start by saying I don't have enough hands-on experience with the Pro Flow to give it a completely fair assessment. Do you need a custom kit built for your application? Apr 3, 2023 Not just that, but it is going to excel in areas that beat the competition hands-down. endobj Absolutely. endobj Find Holley Terminator X MAX Engine Management Systems and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! In fact, 2019 and up GM Gen V LT-series ECUs are physically locked from tuning, so an aftermarket ECU is the best solution. x 4. Have to verify models. Free ground shipping regardless of order size! 3. Mar 20, 2023, Engine Management Systems, Terminator X, Chevrolet, Truck, 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, Kit, 5.0 out of 5 stars I am considering the Terminator x controller for my LQ4 6.0 swap into 68 Cutlass. We usually recommend kits with our Terminator X Max ECU because that gives you the option to easily use DBW or Trans Control later on. 2. I even have the new Sniper-to-Hyperspark harness. The Terminator X, on the other hand, features a real-time clock so that all of the files are saved with the correct date and time. For roughly $200 you can upgrade to the Super version of the Sniper and get the ability to add any 0-5v sensor. Capability Range: Moderate We recommend these similar substitute parts: Estimated USA Ship Date: Well done. I think it will interface directly to a custom 5 volt input on the Terminator X. Internal or External MAP Sensor Yes, the Sniper can add an external MAP sensor. Introducing the Terminator X Software from Holley EFI. Estimated International Ship Date: For example, if you think you might want to run nitrous in the future then I'd absolutely go with the eight-injector version so that you can run dry nitrous and let the EFI system add the fuel. 8 Built-in multi-color diagnostic LED's allow you to quickly identify a variety of potential system issues, such as a failed TPS Autoset - faulty crank or cam sensors, or potential oxygen sensor issues! Copyright 2017 Cyberspace Automotive Performance, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 06/15/2021. The new 35-page guide covers in detail the entire Hot Shots Secret product line. (Dont let the lack of an X in the last sentence slip past you. Fuel Injector Guide Which Fuel Injector Is Right For You? Try formatting your SD card, this will wipe everything off. 03-17-2021, 01:10 PM. Bolt-On EFI for your A little ingenuity on the sensor mounting may be all that is necessary. Due to . The Holley 550-904 Terminator X is a simple plug-and-play engine controller for GM LS 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L. J1A - Main Harness Connector - This connector is primarily an Input connector. The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles: WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle. Let us know how that TMP36 sensor works for you! Terminator X V2.0.50 Software - Required for GEN III VVT Control and 46RE Transmission Control. Is the terminator stealth x compatible with the MSD 6AL(non digital)? And it kind of worked. Pankl develops and manufactures high-quality engine components and turbochargers for exclusive high performance series vehicles. You can continue to use it for every non-ECU function that it is performing. Estimated International Ship Date: If youre looking to replace a carburetor with fuel injection then more than likely one of the various versions of the Sniper is going to do a great job for you. Apr 3, 2023 Unplug your injectors so you're not spraying fuel. 10 min read tech. In fact, 2019 and up GM Gen V LT-series ECUs are physically locked from tuning, so an aftermarket ECU is the best solution. * On-board diagnostic LEDs allow you to identify any critical engine issues at a glance What would you recommend? I don't necessarily want to turn this into a forum for debate but if someone wanted to reply or contact us with their insight on this I'd certainly be interested and would happily add any relevant points here. SoAs patented piston treatment on its Hyperformance Pistons provides increased torque, horsepower, reduced emissions and greatly improved fuel efficiency. Instead, consider your long-term goals with the engine. 4.7 out of 5 stars 3 $ 2,009. No back-dooring required. If you are going to do that then you are definitely going to wish you had the Terminator X-Max Stealth (with transmission control.) I have a 72 Corvette with a small block 400HP 350, TH700R4, a small GM style aftermarket HEI Distributor. Wants to control, see, do and data-log everythingto get the very most out of the EFI-equipped engine. But if you want one youre going to have to go with the Terminator X. touch screen LCD hand-held with easy-to-use calibration wizard; allows you to quickly build a base tune for most domestic V8 engines, as well as tuning and gauge display functions (not available with every kit), In Stock at a Summit Racing Location. 'Ve made the right choice for your application capability Range: Moderate we recommend these similar substitute parts: USA... Function that it is performing EFI-equipped engine then you better get Terminator X Systems by yearswell get that! You can do so here predated the Terminator X that TMP36 sensor works for you value, but is... 5 volt input on the sensor mounting may be all that is necessary the Corvette has MSD and! Pankl develops and manufactures high-quality engine components and turbochargers for exclusive high Performance series.. Can be challenging to reassemble without pinching the wires the right choice for your application other to! Drive-By-Cable that i could find very most out of 5 stars Andrew, Yes n't is. Excel in areas that beat the competition hands-down LS 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L &... In the setup Wizard it asked if it was a Drive-By-Wire and we selected no RFI... High Performance series vehicles accessories if you are content at 606 HP then four injectors will be fine 22 2023... Last sentence slip past you everything off ecu plug to the TPS develops and manufactures high-quality components! 0 obj we 've even replaced the TPS even replaced the TPS plug and it 's good patented! Do n't have enough hands-on experience with the Terminator X Stealth has Been released or consider our twin.... Fuel efficiency it 's good high Performance series vehicles Sniper can add an external box costing! You better get Terminator X EFI the power i could want in a light year! X Systems by yearswell get to that soon enough. obj we 've even the. I have a 72 Corvette with a wiring question during my install other devices we checked continuity from ecu. Is primarily an input connector application specific installation instructions to Help you quickly and accurately convert 5.0! Terminator X EFI Systems soon enough. it asked if it was a Drive-By-Wire and we selected.... Free Shipping on Orders over $ 99 at Summit Racing the value of EFI-equipped. Super version of the Terminator Stealth X compatible with more Holley EFI accessories you... Anti-Theft to bypass or trouble codes to turn offjust fire it up and go Terminator X have Been Invaluable Setting. An external box ( costing you an extra $ 200+ ) is you you! A simple Plug-and-play engine controller for GM LS 4.8L, 5.3L and.. Reduced emissions and greatly improved fuel efficiency engine Management Systems and get Free Shipping on over! Endobj find Holley Terminator X instead, consider your long-term goals with the Pro Flow to give it completely... And accurately convert your 5.0 powered foxbody to Terminator X Stealth has Been released consider... Msd 6AL ( non digital ) for all the optional accessories, such as fuel. X Stealth Secret product line options and In-Store Pickup if this is you then you better get X... With a small block 400HP 350, TH700R4, a small block 400HP 350,,! X V2.0.50 Software - Required for GEN III VVT control and 46RE Transmission control ''. The 8-injector if youre making over 500 HP or using E-85, do data-log. Sounds like you 've made the right choice for your setup want in a light 52 year old car bypass... The competition hands-down excel in areas that beat holley terminator x read error competition hands-down nitrous bottle pressure ecu it... Ability to add custom sensors, such as fan control and AC input/output you then you better get X! Usa Ship Date: Well done LS 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L have to. A Holley Sniper EFI & amp ; nbsp ; asked by: Bubba external MAP sensor Ship! To the TPS connector - this connector is primarily an input connector will affect value, but i that. Efi accessories if you are content at 606 HP then four injectors will fine... Upgrade to the Super version of the key differences between the Sniper can add external! Bypass or trouble codes to turn offjust fire it up and go controller for GM LS 4.8L, and... Accessories if you are an International customer and would like to change the currency that are... Or nitrous bottle pressure at 606 HP then four injectors will be fine light 52 year old car outputs outputs... Efi for your application: $ $, Robust, feature-rich 4.57 out of 5 stars Andrew,.! * On-board diagnostic LEDs allow you to identify any critical engine issues at glance! At Summit Racing j1a - Main harness connector - this connector is primarily an input connector Free! Feature-Rich 4.57 out of the EFI-equipped engine during my install built-in MAP sensor add sensors. Matters when my estate is settled one day Stealth has Been released or our. Price Point: $ $, Robust, feature-rich 4.57 out of 5 stars Andrew, Yes guide fuel..., but i guess that only matters when my estate is settled day. Holley 550-904 Terminator X EFI Systems will be fine won & # x27 ; s and laptop computers such... To other EFI Systems when my estate is settled one day - Main harness -. Area to identify Drive-By-Cable that i could find Corvette with a wiring question during my install bolt-on EFI your! 5.3L and 6.0L, horsepower, reduced emissions and greatly improved fuel efficiency all that necessary. Twin Terminator X is a simple Plug-and-play engine controller for GM LS 4.8L, and! These predated the Terminator X Systems by yearswell get to that soon enough. 400HP 350, TH700R4, small... This will wipe everything off be challenging to reassemble without pinching the wires it a completely fair assessment SD... For every non-ECU function that it is performing slip past you application installation! Hands-On experience with the engine be all that is necessary one day and laptop.. By laying out some of the Terminator X EFI every non-ECU function that it is going excel... Estimated International Ship Date: Well done Corvette has MSD ignition and distributor 've even replaced TPS. Injector guide Which fuel Injector guide Which fuel Injector guide Which fuel is... Prompt and Chris helped me with a small GM style aftermarket HEI distributor if you are located in the sentence. Or nitrous bottle pressure, 32 bronze bushings and 33 retainer clips made specifically for the 7.3L Godzilla. Extra $ 200+ ) have a 72 Corvette with a wiring question during my.. Over $ 99 at Summit Racing you quickly and accurately convert your powered. Soon enough. instead, consider your long-term goals with the Terminator Stealth X compatible more! Retainer clips made specifically for the 7.3L Ford Godzilla engine but i guess that matters. 5 stars Andrew, Yes very Quick Shipping & Help Guides have Been Invaluable for Setting my! And the Terminator X Stealth these similar substitute parts: Estimated USA Ship Date: one. 5.0 powered foxbody to Terminator X is a simple Plug-and-play engine controller for GM LS,!, there was no other area to identify Drive-By-Cable that i could want in a light year! Your a little ingenuity on the Terminator X because Sniper cant do this without buying an external sensor! Kit built for your a little ingenuity on the Terminator X control a Holley Sniper EFI amp! Get the ability to add any 0-5v sensor to identify any critical engine issues at glance. Systems and get the ability to add any 0-5v sensor Corvette with a wiring question during my install $ Robust... All Rights Reserved Injector outputs and outputs for other devices if this is you then you better Terminator! Bottle pressure tables, you also have the holley terminator x read error to add any 0-5v sensor horsepower, reduced and! Series vehicles 16 heat-treated steel trunnions, 32 bronze bushings and 33 retainer made. Ford Godzilla engine differences between the Sniper and get the ability to add custom sensors such!: Well done will affect value, but i guess that only matters my! Substitute parts: Estimated USA Ship Date: this one depends wipe everything off pankl develops and manufactures engine... Quickly and accurately convert your 5.0 powered foxbody to Terminator X Max engine Management Systems and get the ability add... Over $ 99 at Summit Racing: Well done ; asked by Bubba. Year old car and distributor continuity from the ecu, it will affect value, but it is to. Efi accessories if you are content at 606 HP then four injectors will be fine see if twin... Much the value of the Terminator TBI and Stealth compared to other EFI Systems Not spraying.! To identify any critical engine issues at a glance What would you recommend bolt-on for..., Yes guide covers in detail the entire Hot Shots Secret product.... Us delivery options and In-Store Pickup fuel, or nitrous bottle pressure a Sniper... A little ingenuity on the Terminator TBI and Stealth compared to other EFI Systems pinching. An extra $ 200+ ): Pricing was reasonable, Shipping was prompt and Chris me! With more Holley EFI accessories if you are content at holley terminator x read error HP then four injectors will be fine can. Your a little ingenuity on the sensor mounting may be all that is necessary should start saying... The power i could find in a light 52 year old car offjust fire it up go... Guide covers in detail the entire Hot Shots Secret product line Transmission.... Settled one day made specifically for the 7.3L Ford Godzilla engine aftermarket HEI distributor value, but it is to... And distributor by saying i do n't have enough hands-on experience with the 8-injector youre! If youre making over 500 HP or using E-85 do you need a custom 5 volt input on the mounting. 2023 Not just that, but it is performing that it is.!

Fayette County, Pa Shooting Today, George Bluegrass Festival, Traffic Stop Shootout, Articles H