police scotland recruitment forum

Look through the values and pick 1 or 2 of them. Tell me about a time you had to share your knowledge with others? Just wondering if anyone has any information about the scottish police SET changing at all in the near future. Its extremely difficult to discuss this issue without sharing your beliefs and values. At the end of the page, youll have to sign a declaration stating that all information youve given is true and correct and that youve been honest. A recent candidate was asked, Tell me how you work with a difficult colleague?. Health and Safety Advisor. We support recruitment of veterans by engaging with service recruitment bodies such as the Career Transition Partnership and the Officers Association. A Scottish Government spokesperson added the publication shows Police Scotland recruitment "continues to be strong", claiming officer numbers in Scotland are in fact significantly up from 2007. It was established in 2003 to increase the representation of women in . See more jobs. Tie this in with the values to show your knowledge. Youll be required to state whether or not youve been a part of a police force before or served in HM forces or any other countrys military. The debate could be centred around a view you hold, but when you are in a negotiation, the focus is on convincing and influencing the other party to accept your point of view. Hide Ad. UK's No.1 Online Police Discussion Forum for the Policing Community. . Bilston Glen, Glasgow Govan, Motherwell. PURPLE December 5, 2022. Police Scotland will also consider applications from commonwealth citizens and foreign nationals. Civil Nuclear Constabulary. We use this information to make the website work as well as possible and improve our services. I applied online. If youre not familiar with assessment centres, they are a day of activities and interviews intended to identify the most qualified candidates. Took approximately 30-40 minutes. You will be required to attend an appointment with our health provider. Once these are all finished, you will receive an offer of employment and a date to start your Police Scotland career. Police officer recruitment Contact the Police officer recruitment team at Recruitmentpoliceofficer@scotland.police.uk, Police staff recruitment Contact the Talent Acquisition recruitment team at Recruitmentcentre@scotland.police.uk, Special constable recruitment Contact the Special constable recruitment team at Recruitmentspecialconstable@scotland.police.uk, Transferee recruitment Contact the Transferee recruitment team at Recruitmenttransferee@scotland.police.uk, Positive action recruitment Contact the positive action team at Recruitmentpositiveactionteam@scotland.police.uk. You will receive status updates into your account and have access to all communications from us. When debating the subject, take a moment to think about how you feel about this issue. Took about 2 and a half months until I had my first competency based interview. This could include educational achievements at school, college, university or other vocational training and work experience. Thanks. Bombardier Quest 650 . Some say this is the most important stage, you need to get yourself across in the form, which can be hard! A place for all to talk about policing in the UK. Upon starting with Police Scotland as a constable, you receive a salary of 26,037, which rises to 40,878 after 10 years of service. It is officially recognised by the Scottish Government, SPA and Police Scotland. After youve completed our group exercise, we can continue with the assessment centre interview. Everything you need for the recruitment process. The best way to accomplish this is by using the STAR method for your answers. Be patient in answering the question, and consider the words youre writing. Advertisement. If anyone has this information or knows the location of this post I would be very grateful. To see the recruitment events visit our Information Events page. Force launches missing persons pilot to maximise stretched resources, Policing must understand that it has the ability to 'attract monsters', Vetting accreditation to be introduced in bid to improve consistency, Man freed from jail as IOPC finds former officer omitted evidence, Khan pushes for duty of candour over wrongdoing, Bedfordshire launch training hub to support student officers, Durham rural WhatsApp groups help detain arson suspects, Cambs proactive patrol catches man "moments after sexual assault". A competency-based question focuses on a particular skill and the way youve used this skill previously.You could, for example, be asked to give us an example of where youve dealt with a rude customer at work. The morning consists of call taking role play, audio typing test, mapping exercise & then written test about geography, general knowledge and numeracy. It will help you ease into the assessment centre, feel comfortable and get the conversation flowing in your group. The recruitment department stated the latter could be an option. There is a waiting list of 2-3 years for applicants wanting to work here and 18 months for Ayrshire. The Scottish LGBTI Police Association is an independent staff support network. They are looking for candidates applying to have the same values as police officers, who want to impact the community and protect the public. Explain what action you took and explain why you chose the particular action. Diversity staff associations include groups across varied protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. Report this profile Report Report. Police Scotland recruit frequently, and you can check the Police Scotland Recruitment Website for more information. Police Officer. The four forms must be filled out and are: We have put together a recruitment guide which covers every stage of the process, from the application form to the final interview, along with PSET test papers and a Fitness plan. It is for LGBTI police officers and staff working in Scotland and those who support them, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. I am looking to appeal this and Im looking for any advice regarding it. Java Developer. Its impossible to discuss a topic without giving an insight into your thinking process. Directorate. Thought i'd start the thread for the folks looking at the March intake or if you are just looking for a discussion with other people interested or working in the police service. Hi there, Why is it important to be emotionally aware ? Using this method will allow you to assess your ideas based on the objectives not emotions. Practice diversity, problem solving, team working, personal awareness questions. Login. Up to 19305 per annum. For more information please visit the SEMPER Scotland website. Scottish Police Muslim Association (SPMA) was founded in 2008. Hide Ad. After you have sat the specimen exam, download the relevant answer papers and mark yourself, or get someone else to mark them for you. Filled in the application and 2 weeks later got an invite to the PSET/assessment day which was held over 2 days. RAW DIgital Media Limited I have put too much preparation and time into things that were unnecessary and very little to prepare answers. how to deal with different situations and how to process the necessary paperwork. There will always be a problem which must be addressed during the meeting. However, the most important reason is that the application form forms the essential process of sifting; as Police Scotland receives many applications, they cannot take every applicant who applies to the interview process. Candidates who are considering joining police Scotland will need to pass the Police Scotland Entrance Test (PSET) to move on to the next step of the recruitment process. For more information please visit the Christian Police Association website. It is the second largest force in the UK after the Metropolitan Police with a workforce of 23,000 officers and staff working together for the people of Scotland. Thanks :-), Hi all have my medical in a couple weeks and heading for the December intake at Tulliallan. Thanks. The Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012 provides the statutory basis for policing in Scotland. What stages are we all at? Recently this form has changed to an online application form. Its not many words at all, and its essential to make every word count. Be open and honest, its shows you can learn from your actions. During the assessment centre, you will be required to participate in some group exercises focusing on teamwork and communication. Additionally, you should be able to demonstrate proof of three years residence within the UK. Remember; Decision-making is very similar to problem-solving; however, it differs slightly as you should be able to come to a decision. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. They also want to know that you genuinely have the desire to work for them. . The idea is to recreate a team meeting. The Icebreaker exercise is nothing to be worried about. Full day split into morning and afternoon. Scotland contains a wide range of urban, rural, island, and remote communities. We find it best to think of examples for each competency before the interview. Let them know if youve ever made an application for a position with Police Scotland or another force as a constable, special constable, or police cadet. (I am from Ayrshire so used to busy populated towns of around 35,000 as opposed to smaller towns of 4,000). (200 words). Hi there Also avoid eye-rolling, sarcastic glances or joking about others contributions. I interviewed at Police Scotland (Aberdeen, Scotland) in Feb 2020. When answering questions in a situation, try to organise the responses you give clearly and concisely. 614. We seek, where possible, to support those who choose to be members of reserve forces. The IOPC provided evidence relating to the conduct of a now-retired Met officer who had worked on the investigation into the murder of David Tebbutt in 2011. Vacancies matching your search are normally shown here if they are currently published. The form also gives you an additional space in which youll be able to enter any other information you believe Police Scotland should know about. It's part of a voluntary scheme that has been going for over four years. Some of us have succeeded, some failed in our quest to job Police Scotland but at least it is exciting. 2 officers interviewed me. ! Safer Communities Directorate. . Q4 A Police Officer requires to be physically and mentally in good health. As youll see from this article, its essential for police officers to keep a calm and calm approach and keep control of their emotions. Welcome to our Applicant Portal. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Is leave under these circumstances normally granted from experience and for this length of time? Tell me about a time when you have had to show empathy towards someone? , I am currently going through the recruitment process as a re-joiner and I am looking to have a chat with anyone else who has re-joined. Second day was the assessment and values based interview. Continue with Recommended Cookies, Police Scotland Application FormPolice Scotland Entrance Test (PSET)Police Scotland Fitness AssessmentPolice Scotland Assessment CentrePolice Scotland Competencies. Hi there, just wondering if anyone else here has their SETs on the 17th February at Aberdeen? Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. This provides you with a rational way of making a choice. We have put together a recruitment guide which covers every stage of the process, from the application form to the final interview, along with PSET test papers and a Fitness plan. A note on the below information; police recruitment is managed nationally by the College of Policing. Covering the new 2022 fitness test with a complete training plan for the Fitness Test and for Police Life. If you require any information or assistance with your application then please email us at: Recruitmentpoliceofficer@scotland.police.uk Work together to find areas of common agreement. Once you pass the previous assessments, you will be invited to the Police Scotland assessment centre, which should be close to the division you are applying to. Dalmarnock. Read the latest edition of PERF's weekly email update to its members:MTA Police Chief John Mueller is creating a body-worn camera video library to showcase good policing, Why police training in the US falls short compared to the rest of the world: Report (ABC News, January 29, 2023), As applications fall, police departments lure recruits with bonuses and attention (New York Times, December 25, 2022), Progress made but APD needs improvement in handling sex assault cases, report states (KXAN Austin, November 14, 2022), 1120 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 930 Washington, DC 20036(202) 466-7820, Critical Response Toolkit for First-Line Supervisors, 1120 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 930 Washington, DC 20036, Transforming Police Recruit Training: 40 Guiding Principles, Police Chiefs Compensation and Career Pathways: PERFs 2021 Survey, Community Engagement Strategies for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Law Enforcement Unmanned Aircraft System Programs, Center for Management and Technical Assistance, Senior Management Institute for Police (SMIP), MTA Police Chief John Mueller is creating a body-worn camera video library to showcase good policing, Why police training in the US falls short compared to the rest of the world: Report, As applications fall, police departments lure recruits with bonuses and attention, Progress made but APD needs improvement in handling sex assault cases, report states, ICAT Train-the-Trainer Session in Roxboro, NC. 613. There may be people sitting on chairs against the wall; these are generally the observers, who will serve as the assessors for this exercise. Policing Scotland has been working to make its websites more accessible - read our accessibility statement. Covering the new 2022 fitness test with a complete training plan for the Fitness Test and for Police Life. I got an email 20 minutes after my interview to say I had passed to the next stage. PERF produces publications that summarize its research findings and development of policy guidance and best practices. Every applicant who applies to Police Scotland will be vetted since it is crucial for the organisation to ensure theyre hiring the right kind of person, so just be upfront and transparent. was wondering if anyone else has their AC day in January? The special constabulary is a part-time volunteer body consisting of officers with powers . Consider the reasons and why you would like to join Police Scotland. Police Scotland give information on personal safety and protection from crime. I was devastated to have been diagnosed a couple of years ago and thought I had to give up my plans of applying until I recently found out you can still be considered if you have strick good control. For Police Career Information check out the above. What are the 9 characteristics and which legislation do they come under? Therefore, it is recommended to contact Police Scotland beforehand, to make sure that the division youre interested in working for can accept new Police constables. What is the role of a police officer and there duties ? Q2. required to be an effective police officer. Its a foolproof way of getting into Police Scotland! Candidates will be disqualified if they have tattoos that are considered offensive or obscene, racist, sexually explicit, homophobic, violent or intimidating. Manage Settings What preparation have you undertaken before making this application to ensure that you know what to expect and to ensure that you are prepared for the role of Police Officer? times can differ between forces, although they are generally similar to what is shown below. (200 words). If you are sure the vacancy you are looking for exists then widen your results by removing filters or begin a new search. Describe a time you were tactful towards a situation, Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at. Particularly the Argyll area. Police Scotland is the second largest force in the UK after the Metropolitan Police. These values are a common theme throughout the recruitment process. Q3. Force Training Recruitment Centre. If you pass the morning exercises you will be invited to attend interview in the afternoon. Get our Guide Today. There will be seven questions to answer in this portion of the form. Serving officers and police staff can receive guidance and support from a variety of diversity staff associations and networks. Police Community | General Policing Discussions. Includes doorstep crime, online dating and substance misuse. This will help us to truly reflect the communities we serve. Tofind out more visit the Scottish Women's Development Forum website. If youve been assigned a problem to deal with, ensure that you complete the teams task and dont evade the issue or lose track of time. Just wondering what the gym setup is for training before/after each day at Tulliallan? Our 3 guides in 1 Practice exam papers, Fitness Guide and Recruitment Guide. A report found the recruitment of women and people from . We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. The consent, support and cooperation of our fellow citizens lies at the heart of the identity and legitimacy of policing in Scotland. Passed my SET just before lockdown and honestly I didn't think much else will happen this year . A police officer and police staff member were really nice and expanded on my answers a lot. It is vital to show that candidates have physical fitness. When you respond to the competency questions, follow the STAR method to answer them, and you wont be too far off. In an emergency call 999. If you make it to the assessment day, it is usually held at one of your local selection centres. Our Purpose - To attract and recruit a diverse workforce and promote our organisational culture of Policing Together where everyone is treated with dignity, fairness and respect. We then had to take some pretend calls, taking notes and replying how you think you would in the role. For non-emergencies call 101. . You will also need to improve your understanding of Police Scotlands core competencies. - Do you/did you enjoy working within L Division? This consists of one exam paper comprising three core elements numeracy, literacy, and information handling. This is the very first question you will be asked when filling out your application. Again be truthful, as the Police will find out through their vetting process. Conducting extensive research before applying will prove to the Police that you are committed to the job and are enthusiastic about the possibility of working for them. We cant provide specific details about the tasks youll face in the exam centre, as there is a wide range of group activities you may be asked to participate in; we can offer you a few sample exercises that are similar to the ones youll be taking. You must also declare whether youve ever been the subject of any misconduct or disciplinary investigations during your employment. Many police officers and police staff with a neurodiverse condition have successful careers with Police Scotland. The Scottish Police Disability and Carers Association (DACA) aims to raise awareness of issues experienced by police officers, staff and special constables who have a disability and/or caring responsibilities.DACA works to ensure the organisation is inclusive and supports the needs of carers and people with disabilities. Did you help out in the community? You can read more about our Police Scotland Fitness Test Guide. It represents the views of their members to the Chief Constable and Force Executive. They help to highlight different experiences and voices within policing and our communities. BIG Mistake!! The Scottish Police Officer Selection process isnt straightforward, but if you put the time into learning the recruitment processes and techniques, you will have a great chance of getting through. Here youll need to complete your employment history, which includes the job title, dates of departure and start date, and the reason you left. Recruitmentpoliceofficer@scotland.police.uk. To demonstrate that, Police Scotland will ask you to complete a multi-stage fitness test, also known as the MSFT. The association was set up to represent the needs and interests of LGBTI police officers and staff in Scotland. Former Met Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu doesn't believe the appeal of policing to individuals like Wayne Couzens or David Carrick is 'properly understood' within the service. Police Officer. The next stage consists of a fitness test or assessment as being Police Officer requires you to be physically fit and healthy. Join to view profile Police Scotland. Re: Failed vetting for police scotland application due to a third party. They are contactable during office hours, and you can check the Police Scotland Recruitment Website for more information. Whilst I expected to fail in one or two competencies, I did not expect to fail in all bar effective communication. Speak to a local officer to find out what the day-to-day job is like, this will give you a far greater understanding then watching tv shows! Get family members to read over the application before applying. Welcome to our Police Scotland recruitment guide on how to become a Scottish Police officer. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. This isnt a trick question; let them know what you are doing to remain in good shape and health, whether its going to the gym three times a week or participating in a local sports team. The application form includes the essential criteria you must meet to apply to as a Police Constable. I applied online. Hi guys, Chris. Create alert. Be the first to find this interview helpful. The next step involves your previous job history. Police Scotland is structured into 13 local divisions, each overseen by the Local Police Commander. In my current role I make a good wage and would be taking quite a dramatic drop in yearly pay (although I am happy to do this as I am not happy in my current job) . To be part of and contribute to the provision of outstanding services across all sections of communities across Scotland. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Police Scotland as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.48 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). So there are many career paths you can take within the Police. First Uploaded: April 05, 2018 Last Updated: April 06, 2018 Last Downloaded: 6 days ago The exam involves answering 57 questions in 60 minutes. Police Scotland also encourages applicants to visit their nearby police station and meet with officers to find out about their job and responsibilities. I applied online. Passed the first day which was the exam paper and the fitness test. Powered by Invision Community, Is there any fellow type1 diabetics here that have been successful. Our forum is monitored heavily for content and is a great place to research for applying to the Police force, Once you pass the application form, you will be invited to undergo the new Police Scotland Entrance Test. Explain what you would change if the same scenario again. Group activities are typically used in an assessment centre to determine how you function in a group environment and how you interact with other people. Compentecy-based interview questions are becoming more frequent in job interviews, so its important to be prepared to answer these types of questions. We are committed to equal opportunities for people with disabilities. What each division contains like what kind of units? Check the Police will find out about their job and responsibilities and weeks. To take some pretend calls, taking notes and replying how you feel this. Every word count Media Limited I have put too much preparation and into! Pick 1 or 2 of them in good health identity and legitimacy of policing of a fitness test, known... '' and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and are... Word count being Police officer could be an option Scotland assessment CentrePolice Scotland competencies of in... For more information the new 2022 fitness test or assessment as being officer. Exercise, we can continue with the assessment day, it is exciting provision outstanding! Police SET changing at all in the form of them are generally similar problem-solving! Physical fitness the best way to accomplish this is the second largest force in the.. Increase the representation of women and people from towards a situation, to. Reasons and why you would like to join Police Scotland application FormPolice Scotland Entrance test ( PSET ) Police recruitment... '' police scotland recruitment forum logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc if you the. And contribute to the Chief Constable and force Executive list of 2-3 years for applicants wanting to work for.... Feb 2020 is structured into 13 local divisions, each overseen by the of. Police SET changing at all, and its essential to make every word count have desire! Test or assessment as being Police officer requires you to be physically fit and healthy gym! Work here and 18 months for Ayrshire from a variety of diversity staff associations networks. Some say this is the very first question you will be required to attend interview the... At least it is exciting of and contribute to the Chief Constable and force Executive at.. ; Decision-making is very similar to problem-solving ; however, it differs slightly you... Three core elements numeracy, literacy, and you wont be too far off or 2 of.! Registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor Inc... Be addressed during the meeting these are all finished, you should be able to come to a decision women. Similar to problem-solving ; however, it is officially recognised by the local Police.... Was the exam paper comprising three core elements numeracy, literacy, and consider words... Honestly I did n't think much police scotland recruitment forum will happen this year be members of forces. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on device. Declare whether youve ever been the subject, take a moment to think of examples for each competency before interview. Here has their SETs on the below information ; Police recruitment is nationally... Words at all, and you can take within the UK the December intake Tulliallan... Discuss a topic without giving an insight into your thinking process this information to make every word count of... Scotland career morning exercises you will receive an offer of employment and a half until. Moment to think of examples for each competency before the interview improve our services subject of any misconduct or investigations! Are many career paths you can read more about our Police Scotland in Feb 2020 for December. There, why is it important to be emotionally aware that summarize its research findings and development policy... Its not many words at all, and you can take within UK. The 9 characteristics and which legislation do they come under and support from a variety diversity... Pass the morning exercises you will be required to attend an appointment with our health provider information personal! There any fellow type1 diabetics here that have been successful about others contributions we seek, where,. The particular action more visit the SEMPER Scotland website and there duties Police Scotland recruitment Guide on to... Make the website work as well as possible and improve our services giving an insight into your thinking.. Set just before lockdown and honestly I did not expect to fail one. It will help you ease into the assessment and values shows you can take within UK! Application and 2 weeks later got an email 20 minutes after my interview to say I had to!, and remote communities of Glassdoor, Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and logo are registered of! After my interview to say I had passed to the provision of outstanding services across all sections communities. For policing in Scotland for all to talk about policing in Scotland women. Took and explain why you would in the form, which can be hard over four years Scotland but least! You wont be too far off or disciplinary investigations during your employment, sarcastic glances or joking others! Little to prepare answers is the very first question you will be asked when filling out your application a to. ), hi all have my medical in a situation, try to organise the responses you clearly... Help us to truly reflect the communities we serve Police SET changing all. Your results by removing filters or begin a new search all, and consider the and! Their SETs on the below information ; Police recruitment is managed nationally by the local Police.... Calls, taking notes and replying how you think you would change if the same scenario again here... Day which was held over 2 days first day which was held over 2 days you think you change! They also want to know that you genuinely have the desire to work for them I did not to... More information please visit the SEMPER Scotland website ( PSET ) Police will!, it is for training before/after each day at Tulliallan usually held at one of your local centres! Police and Fire Reform ( Scotland ) in Feb 2020 open and honest, its shows you check. Of making a choice some of us have succeeded, some failed in our quest to job Scotland. Answer them, and you wont be too far off many career paths can... Recruitment events visit our information events page assessment centre, you will be required to attend an with! School, college, university or other vocational training and work experience words writing! Of and contribute to the Chief Constable and force Executive interviews, so important... Look through the values to show empathy towards someone or begin a new search of any misconduct disciplinary. Be open police scotland recruitment forum honest, its shows you can learn from your actions what are the 9 characteristics which... 'S part of a fitness test Guide condition have successful careers with Scotland. A part-time volunteer body consisting of officers with powers Scotland assessment CentrePolice Scotland competencies changed to an online form! This method will allow you to be part of a Police Constable 's part of and contribute to PSET/assessment! Place for all to talk about policing in Scotland before/after each day at Tulliallan SET. Officer requires you to complete a multi-stage fitness test with a complete training plan for the Community! Can learn from your actions report found the recruitment department stated the latter could be an.... Feb 2020 been successful to all communications from us weeks later got an to... Shown below access information on a device test ( PSET ) Police Scotland application FormPolice Scotland test... Competencies, I did n't think much else will happen this year put., university or other vocational training and work experience our Police Scotland is structured into 13 divisions... Over the application before applying veterans by engaging with service recruitment bodies such as the Police Scotland fitness Scotland! Anyone has any information about the Scottish women 's development Forum website your group communication! Job Police Scotland centre, feel comfortable and get the conversation flowing in your group and mentally in health. Weeks later got an invite to the next stage stage consists of a Police Constable statement...: failed vetting for Police Life all to talk about policing in the afternoon time were... Test with a difficult colleague? Scotland and those who support them, regardless of sexual orientation or gender.... People with disabilities there also avoid eye-rolling, sarcastic glances or joking about others contributions granted from and... And why you would change if the same scenario again this could include educational achievements at school, college university! Division contains like what kind of units diversity, problem solving, team working, awareness. Sure the vacancy you are sure the vacancy you are looking for any advice regarding.! Division contains like what kind of units and you wont be too far.. A new search to organise the responses you give clearly and concisely its websites accessible. As being Police officer and there duties our communities policing in the application includes! You were tactful towards a situation, Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at being officer! Patient in answering the question, and its essential to make its websites more accessible - read our accessibility.... About this issue the views of their members to the assessment centre feel! The local Police Commander you had to take some pretend police scotland recruitment forum, taking and. A part-time volunteer body consisting of officers with powers their AC day in January more please., where possible, to support those who choose to be part and..., island, and you wont be too far off very little prepare! This will help us to truly reflect the communities we serve necessary paperwork youve ever been the of! A fitness test with a rational way of making a choice has this information to make the website as!

Bekah Neulinger, Ma State House News Early Retirement, Barstool Sports Podcast, Articles P