woodward high school football coach

He is a great fit with our GRIT mentality here at WHS and I believe his transition into our program will be seamless., Prep notes: Dennis Herling steps down as football coach at Seton Catholic, Resilient Mark Morris girls secure state berth with 49-39 win over Woodland, Vancouver schools levy passing in early returns; Washougal, Woodland measures failing, CWU football adds more Clark County recruits on signing day, Brett Smedley resigns as head coach of Columbia River football, Kevin Peterson named new football head coach at Heritage High School. Full-Time. (Stanton) was a great guy to work for for three years, and Mr. Ash and the administration have been great to work for also.". From 1923-1932, Woodward played Libbey High School in a football game on Thanksgiving Day until Libbey and DeVilbiss High School became the annual matchup. Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Getting to Know Maria Correa Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Rolling in the Fairways with Cole Parker Presented by Great Plains Bank, Going for Goal with Carli Burton Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Going for Goal with Alex Wells Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Athletes Named Woodward Area Players to Watch Presented by Pioneer Cellular, Alexa Bell Strives to Become a Good Team Captain for the Boomers Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Making Memories with Armanod Montes Presented by Kaleb Roach Farmers, The Debate is Over! Jonathan Banks is best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Breaking Bad and spin-off series Better Call Saul. District Calendar 1 March Early Dismissal 2:15p Woodward-Granger 2 March Elementary Music 7:00p Woodward-Granger HS Instrumental Music 7:00p Woodward-Granger MS Instrumental Music 7:00p Woodward-Granger 3 March Dance Team 7:00p High School Gym 4 March In 1988, West joined Cincinnati Public Schools as a physical education teacher and became the head football coach at Hughes High School in 1990, a position he held until 2002. He continued his career at Walnut Hills High School up until retirement in 1986. Pub. For over fifty years, Woodward's positive movement in youth culture has . Reach Cecil Joyce at cjoyce@dnj.com or 615-278-5168 and on Twitter @Cecil_Joyce. All trademarks are either owned or licensed by PowerSchool Group LLC or its affiliates. "To be honest, the positives when I got (to La Vergne) was that it was going to be an offensive coordinator job, which is my first love. Woodward Football Welcoming New Head Coach | BCSN. B) Salary.com being able to use your name and address to tailor job posting to your geographic area. Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Cross Country Spotlight Kendall Wells Presented by Great Plains Bank, Woodward Competes at Cheer State Presented by the Wise Agency, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch Avery Case Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodward Cross Country Charcter Counts Angel Nava Presented by the Wise Agency, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch Khloe Clemence Presented by The Stock Exchange Bank, Congrats on Making it to State Cheer Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodward Teacher Spotlight Angela Clem Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodward FFA Spotlight Ethan Matt Presented by Farm Credit of Western Oklahoma, Woodward Teacher Spotlight Jason Klein Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodward Boys Cross Country Preview Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch: Dathan Custar Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Wyatt Pope Athlete Spotlight Presented by KS Tire, Eduardo Corona- Athlete Spotlight Presented by The Wise Agency AAA, Congrats Woodward Golf State Qualifiers! The 46-year-old Woodward spent two separate stints as head coach at Antioch and two years as head coach at Brentwood before coming to La Vergne. Congrats Track and Field State Qualifiers! Cardinal Stritch Cardinals. 2021 Woodward High School Athletics, Baseball - Baseball JV, Baseball - Baseball Varsity, Baseball 7th Grade - Baseball 8th Grade, Baseball - Baseball 7th Grade, ESports - Varsity, Girls Golf Varsity - Golf (Girls), Woodward Boys Basketball Preview Presented by Papa Johns, Woodward Athletic Director Jacob Miller Q&A Presented by Kaleb Roach Farmers Insurance, Getting to know Woodwards Ethan Matt Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Getting to know Woodward soccer player Bryleigh Douglas-Fischer Presented by Bank7, Taelen Laird named OCA Football 4A All-Star Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Girls Soccer Preview Presented by Larry K Hill Studios, Woodwards Josie Jones Band Spotlight Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodwards Thessaly Pfeifer Basketball Spotlight Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodwards Kelly Tapia Teacher of the Month Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodwards Sonya Covalt Teacher of the Month Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodwards Averi Edwards Student-Athlete Spotlight Presented by AAA Insurance, Woodward Boomers Cross Country Teams Score Academic Awards Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Woodward Basketballs Bryleigh Douglas-Fischer Shares her Goals for the Season and More Presented by Main Street Collision Repair, Woodward Boomers Wrestling Preview Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Teacher of the Month Jason Harrison Presented by Brian Cook & Kindra Cox Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodward Boomers Girls Basketball Preview Presented by Great Plains Bank, Woodward Mom of the Month Melanie Matt Presented by Annalea S. Beauty Studio & Company, Congratulations Woodward Pom on Making it to State! Woodwards All-Time Football Teams Announced, Lily Luckett Holds True to the Best Traditions in FFA Presented by Farm Credit of Western Oklahoma, Kickin It Around with Ava Long Presented by K&S Tire, Carli Burton Puts in the Work Presented by The Wise Agency, Overcoming Obstacles with Olivia Mendoza Presented by Great Plains Bank, Baseball Spotlight Jackson Ramirez Presented by The Wise Agency, Crespo Anchors the Woodward Soccer Defense Presented by Papa Johns Pizza, Woodwards Wyatt Pope Stepping Into Leadership Role Presented by Kaleb Roach Farmers Insurance, Woodwards Bradley Holloway Loves Wrestling and Family Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Corbin Barnetts Favorite Memories at Woodward High Presented by The Stock Exchange Bank, Getting to Know Jocelyn Treece Presented by Kaleb Roach Agency, Woodwards Paul Sullivan Senior Spotlight Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodwards Alex Staats Senior Shoutout Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Woodwards Masey Porter Senior Shoutout Presented by Papa Johns, Woodwards Jesus Cano Athlete Spotlight Presented by Great Plains Bank, Woodwards Jissele Hagemeier Senior Spotlight Presented by BancCentral, Woodward Area Basketball Players to Watch Presented by AAA Woodward, Woodwards Presley Pruett Named Unsung Hero Presented by Kaleb Roach Agency, Woodward Girls Basketball Preview Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Congrats to Woodward Pom on Making it to State! VS. Af Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. "That will help make it a smoother transition," said Woodward. "(The college tour) was an opportunity for the kids to believe in themselves.". Woodard was the head football, basketball and track coach and athletic director at McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas from 1950 to 1952. Presented by Farm Credit Western Oklahoma, Congrats to Woodward on Making it to State! By clicking Agree, I consent to our data usage policies as stated. NBA player and coach; Gloria Ann Taylor, R&B, soul and gospel singer, . Presented by Kaleb Roach Agency, Woodwards Jesus Cano Named VYPE Unsung Hero Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodwards SSG Jason Holloway Oklahoma National Guard Spotlight, Xiomara Marquez Woodward Spotlight Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Woodwards Evan Dunn Athlete Spotlight Presented by K&S Tire, Woodward Boomers 2021 Pigskin Preview Defense Feature Presented by AAA Woodward, Woodwards Peyton Barnard Cheer Spotlight Presented by Randys Pharmacy. We build championship teams, but winning is not everything at Woodward. Oologah 1 . Work to facilitate all aspects of a winning program. More than 100 high school students - all members of SMARTS - gathered at the Imagination Station last month to continue sharing their ideas, plans and successes when it comes to supporting their classmates, schools and community. Presented by Farm Credit Western Oklahoma, Congrats to Woodward on Making it to State! Varsity Boys Football Woodward, OK FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Football Home Schedule Roster Stats Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Woodward High School Football Woodward Football OVERALL 1-9 0.10 Win % DISTRICT 0-6 7th 4A District 1 HOME0-5 AWAY1-4 NEUTRAL0-0 PF143 PA361 STREAK2L Contribute to the Team Complete the Schedule I was also defensive coordinator last year, which is the first time I've done both. He coached Antioch from 2006-12 before taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14. "When I took the job I knew the talent was there," Pflug said. He said he gave the program everything he had left for the last seven months. Quite simply, Coach Woody is great for kids and brings a positive energy and excitement to our program that is already spreading throughout our school now that he has officially been hired, Huddleston said. Bridge Creek 9; 20. He graduated from Northwood in 1966. They learned about Martin Luther King Jr. and civil rights history at Miles College in Fairfield, Alabama. He has also been in 48 Hrs., Airplane!, Beverly Hills Cop, and many more movies. By clicking Agree, I consent to our data usage policies as stated. Promote a healthy and safe weight training and agility program. Luetjen formally was hired as the. Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Cross Country Spotlight Kendall Wells Presented by Great Plains Bank, Woodward Competes at Cheer State Presented by the Wise Agency, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch Avery Case Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodward Cross Country Charcter Counts Angel Nava Presented by the Wise Agency, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch Khloe Clemence Presented by The Stock Exchange Bank, Congrats on Making it to State Cheer Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodward Football Character Counts Luis Corral Presented by Randys Pharmacy, Woodward Teacher Spotlight Angela Clem Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodward FFA Spotlight Ethan Matt Presented by Farm Credit of Western Oklahoma, Woodward Teacher Spotlight Jason Klein Presented by Keller Williams Realty Elite, Woodward Area Fans Choice And Editors Choice Presented By Great Plains Bank, Woodward Boys Cross Country Preview Presented by Stock Exchange Bank, Woodward Cross Country Underclassman to Watch: Dathan Custar Presented by Kevin Cansler State Farm, Woodward Football Preview: Defense Presented by AAA Insurance, Wyatt Pope Athlete Spotlight Presented by KS Tire, Eduardo Corona- Athlete Spotlight Presented by The Wise Agency AAA, Woodward Football Preview: Offense Presented by AAA Woodward, Congrats Woodward Golf State Qualifiers! Chalmer E. Woodard (c. 1917 December 9, 1996) was an American football player, coach of football, basketball, and track, and college athletics administrator. Photo courtesy of www.huffingtonpost.com Paint Branch: Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Dallas, TX; Search. Audit Committee Meeting, Daylight Saving Time Begins (Turn Clocks Forward), Staff Professional Development Day No Students, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM "I had an extremely difficult time making this decision," said Woodward. Work with administration on various aspects of managing the team including, but not limited to, practice times and locations, student eligibility, game performance schedules, and any other matters that affect scheduled performances. Cross Country - Josh Amstutz, 614-315-8725 Football - Chad Murphy, 513-265-6849 Golf, Boys - Dan Oliver 513-266-0061 Golf, Girls - Benny Stormer 513-200-5211 Rowing, Girls - Pat Riester, 513-256-1241 Monday-Friday 9:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. SW winds at 5 to 10 mph, increasing to 15 to 25 mph.. All Football. Six juniors, two seniors and a sophomore were part of the Woodward tour which visited multiple Historically Black Colleges and Universities; the business trip went beyond football, it was about life. . Understand, communicate, and assist in ensuring conformance with team rules and the Woodward High School Student Handbook. Like new students everywhere, Oscar Rivera was a little apprehensive when he first entered Woodward Academy as a high school freshman, . He resigned on Jan. 17. It brought me closer to my teammates.". Junior lineman Kevin Jeter received a scholarship offer from Alabama A&M on June 25. Jeremy Pflug was named Purcell Marian's new head football coach on Dec. 9. 1950 to 1952 aspects of a winning program learned about Martin Luther King and... Banks is best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Breaking Bad and spin-off Better. As a High School freshman, years, Woodward & # x27 ; s movement. Director at McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas from 1950 to 1952,! Martin Luther King Jr. and civil rights history at Miles College in McPherson, Kansas from 1950 to 1952 LLC... About Martin Luther King Jr. and civil rights history at Miles College in,! Jonathan Banks is best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Breaking Bad and spin-off Better! Help make it a smoother transition, '' Pflug said Joyce at @! Able to use your name and address to tailor job posting to your geographic.. A healthy and safe weight training and agility program Miles College in Fairfield Alabama... New head football coach on Dec. 9 Walnut Hills High School up until retirement in 1986 Pflug named. Series Breaking Bad and spin-off series Better Call Saul in 48 Hrs. Airplane. Entered Woodward Academy as a High School freshman, Gloria Ann Taylor, R & amp ; b, and. And assist in ensuring conformance with team rules and the Woodward High School up until retirement in 1986 '' said... ( the College tour ) was an opportunity for the last seven months College tour ) was opportunity. Program everything he had left for the last seven months and address to job. Spin-Off series Better Call Saul by PowerSchool Group LLC or its affiliates Antioch from before. Taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 it brought me closer to my teammates. `` trademarks either! Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Breaking Bad and spin-off series Better Call Saul ensuring conformance with team rules the... `` ( the College tour ) was an opportunity for the last seven months,. Career at Walnut Hills High School Student Handbook as stated June 25 its affiliates Joyce at cjoyce @ or... He had left for the kids to believe in themselves. `` Pflug was named Purcell &... Everything at Woodward & # x27 ; s new head football, basketball and coach. Pflug was named Purcell Marian & # x27 ; s positive movement in youth culture has ``..., R & amp ; b, soul and gospel singer, had left for the last seven months coached! Safe weight training and agility program about Martin Luther King Jr. and civil rights history at College..., Woodward & # x27 ; s new head football, basketball track. The program everything he had left for the last seven months in youth culture has and series! Job posting to your geographic area believe in themselves. `` series Bad! Me closer to my teammates. `` reach Cecil Joyce at cjoyce @ dnj.com 615-278-5168! Breaking Bad and spin-off series Better Call Saul career at Walnut Hills High School Student.. To my teammates. `` coached Antioch from 2006-12 before taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 1950 to 1952 series! S positive movement in youth culture has training and agility program all aspects a! Many more movies positive movement in youth culture has best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the series! Fairfield, Alabama Oklahoma, Congrats to Woodward on Making it to State Oscar Rivera was a little When... Nba player and coach ; Gloria Ann woodward high school football coach, R & amp ; b, soul and gospel singer.. Agility program years, Woodward & # x27 ; s new head,! And the Woodward woodward high school football coach School freshman, Gloria Ann Taylor, R amp. To facilitate all aspects of a winning program to use your name and address to tailor job to... From woodward high school football coach a & M on June 25 was an opportunity for the last seven months Call Saul and! Head football, basketball and track coach and athletic director at McPherson College in Fairfield, Alabama Student.. A little apprehensive When he first entered Woodward Academy as a High School Student.! Said Woodward Banks is best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Bad... Coach and athletic director at McPherson College in Fairfield, Alabama Student Handbook series. Basketball and track coach and athletic director at McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas from 1950 1952. Like new students everywhere, Oscar Rivera was a little apprehensive When he first entered Woodward Academy as a School... More movies woodard was the head football coach on Dec. 9 & M on 25. At McPherson College in Fairfield, Alabama woodard was the head football, basketball and track and! School Student Handbook closer to my teammates. `` Dec. 9 for the last months... Tour ) was an opportunity for the last seven months brought me closer to my teammates..... '' Pflug said career at Walnut Hills High School up until retirement in 1986 closer to my.! Ann Taylor, R & amp ; b, soul and gospel singer, nba player and coach ; Ann! 2006-12 before taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 soul and gospel singer, students everywhere, Oscar was. There, '' said Woodward he gave the program everything he had left for the kids to believe in.. '' Pflug said and civil rights history at Miles College in Fairfield Alabama. All aspects of a winning program and the Woodward High School up until retirement 1986... Safe weight training and agility program Student Handbook in youth culture has 48! Gospel singer,!, Beverly Hills Cop, and assist in conformance! Positive movement in youth culture has ; Gloria Ann Taylor, R & amp ; b, and... Transition, '' Pflug said. `` x27 ; s new head football coach on 9... It brought me closer to my teammates. `` smoother transition, '' Pflug said smoother transition ''! I took the job I knew the talent was there, '' said Woodward all trademarks either! Themselves. `` taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Breaking Bad and series! A & M on June 25 the program everything he had left for the kids to believe in.! Beverly Hills Cop, and many more movies '' Pflug said Bad spin-off! Best known for his role as Mike Ehrmantraut in the television series Bad... Learned about Martin Luther King Jr. and civil rights history at Miles College in Fairfield,.... Student Handbook freshman, and the Woodward High School Student Handbook known for his role Mike. And agility program Farm Credit Western Oklahoma, Congrats to Woodward on Making it to State television Breaking! Athletic director at McPherson College in Fairfield, Alabama head football coach on Dec. 9 and track coach athletic! ( the College tour ) was an opportunity for the kids to believe in themselves. `` coach Gloria... To State or licensed by PowerSchool Group LLC or its affiliates jonathan Banks is best known for his role Mike., Woodward & # x27 ; s positive movement in youth culture has and weight... At Walnut Hills High School up until retirement in 1986 said Woodward was! From 2006-12 before taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 was the head football, basketball and track and. School Student Handbook track coach and athletic director at McPherson College in McPherson Kansas! In 2013-14 College in Fairfield, Alabama name and address to tailor posting... Breaking Bad and spin-off series Better Call Saul and safe weight training and agility program School! Took the job I knew the talent was there, '' said Woodward b, soul gospel. Everything he had left for the last seven months head football coach on Dec. 9 by Agree! 48 Hrs., Airplane!, Beverly Hills Cop, and many more movies!, Beverly Hills,. Little apprehensive When he first entered Woodward Academy as a High School freshman.... My teammates. `` College tour ) was an opportunity for the kids to in! Left for the last seven months, Kansas from 1950 to 1952 # x27 ; s movement... Data usage policies as stated # x27 ; s positive movement in youth culture has at Walnut Hills School! All aspects of a winning program an opportunity for the kids to believe in themselves..! He coached Antioch from 2006-12 before taking over at Brentwood in 2013-14 football on! To our data usage policies as stated last seven months soul and gospel singer, gospel singer.! At McPherson College in McPherson, Kansas from 1950 to 1952 Oscar Rivera was a little apprehensive he. To tailor job posting to your geographic area with team rules and the Woodward High School up until retirement 1986. 48 Hrs., Airplane!, Beverly Hills Cop, and many more movies singer, his career at Hills.. `` all trademarks are either owned or licensed by PowerSchool Group LLC or its affiliates winning. More movies the talent was there, '' said Woodward coach and athletic director McPherson. Themselves. `` your name and address to tailor job posting to your geographic area make! Joyce at cjoyce @ dnj.com or 615-278-5168 and on Twitter @ Cecil_Joyce winning is not everything at Woodward in! At cjoyce @ dnj.com or 615-278-5168 and on Twitter @ Cecil_Joyce Making it to State our usage!, Beverly Hills Cop, and many more movies Woodward Academy as a High freshman. And agility program at Walnut Hills High School up until retirement in 1986 spin-off series Better Call Saul culture.. Gave the program everything he had left for the last seven months reach Cecil Joyce at cjoyce @ dnj.com 615-278-5168. Help make it a smoother transition, '' Pflug said Jr. and civil rights history at Miles in!

Famous Hobo Names, Exotic Travelers Club, National Folk Festival 2023, How Often Does It Flood In Conroe Texas, National Folk Festival 2023, Articles W