wtix playlist

Buzz Bennett showing up the first day with a German shepherd and a sledgehammer to knock the NBC logo off the lobby wall set the tone. Some of their former personnel are at WVLT, 92.1 in Vineland, NJ. Was in college there in the mid 60s. If you re-read this article, youll see that Randy Michaels *did* list WMCA. Thank you Randy Michaels for the 102 WVAQ mention! Online Radio Box uses cookies in order to provide the best service for our users. No dispute. That's a good thing. This is my favorite Top 40. I always thought of them as the WABC of the South. The last sentence should have read, And in Buffalo, the list of the greatest Adult Contemporary rockers of all time would have to include not only WGR, but also WBEN andparticularly circa mid-to-late 80sare you ready for this?WKBW.. Louisiana, In March 1975, Bobby Rich (AKA Dr. Great to see so many radio brethren on here. After sunset gone. Marketing cookies help us and our partners to fit the adverts and content you see during and after visiting our site to your interests. Install the free Online Radio Box application for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! (AND TO THINK THAT AT HIS PREVIOUS RADIO EMPLOYER IN BOSTONWMEXTHAT WAS ONE OF THAT STATIONSAS YOU SAID, PAULHOUSE NAMES! Listening to Happy Hare or Shotgun Tom or Charlie and Harrigan, you wouldnt know the calls originally stood for CBS Quality.. My brother Lacy Neff loved what he did and was very very proud of his station and co workers. In 1962, inspired by the success of the new CBS-TV show "The BeverlyHillbillies," WTIX created and recorded "The Ballad Of The TIX Tigers." If you go by Abrams characteristics, CFL was heads and shoulders above the rest (plus they had Chickenmanand Lujackand King B, Jim Stagg (who traveled with the Beatles on tour), Biondi, Barney Pip, Jerry G Bishop, Joel Sebastion, Jim Runyon, Ken Draper as GM, a huuuge news department, and on and on). The sounds that listeners remembered the most: 1.) That wasnt the WABC of Toronto or even Ontario; that was the WABC of Canada, period! I worked at WCOG Greensboro during the short lived revival of the station under PD Phil Valentine now doing talk in Nashville, TNit was a Mann Media owned station then which included WGLD, and WKIX Raleigh..The Flying Dutchman started out in Mornings, only to leave and Steve Early movin in thereafter!!! Example: 1-XXX-XXX-9849 (WTIX) Certainly those of us who worked there would say so. Also, not at all intending to sound braggadocious, I think I was the first one to introduce a Classic Rock format. The personality line up was one heavy hitter after another. Later that year he bought WTIX and it was there that the phrase Top 40 was first introduced. No way that can happen today, with so many other signals on every formerly clear channel. Love it..used to listen to a oldies station (Poppa Stoppa DJ ) in my Grandfathers Meat Market next to Circle Food Store with my Uncle Tyrone. Nolan B, Love Love TIX . LOVE IT!!! Better production. * Bob Walker -AircheckMay 16, 1972 (11:00). Tap Add to playlist, then tap Create a playlist. These full 3-hour length classic American Top 40 shows from 1970-1978, all in their original broadcast form. The Playlist: With Christian Hillborg, Gizem Erdogan, Edvin Endre, Severija Janusauskaite. Install the free Online Radio Box app for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! WTIX began simulcasting the oldies format of WSAT in Salisbury, with local news, sports and information for an area that will also include Concord and Kannapolis. They had a New Years count down of the top 100 from the year and I listened to every song for several years. Storz didnt own KOIL. Also, chalk up WKIX; Mike Reineri (sp?) David Amen to WKIX 850 AM/96.1 FM The Giant of the South with a healthy share of PAMS jingles! WGLI Babylon, LI, NY Hi Mike (Frank Brodie). Playlist. A Collection of Songs & Covers by the Greatest A Cappella Group Ever. Arnie Ginsburg, Larry Justice, Dan Donovan (Blaine Harvey.who carried the name to Minneapolis), Charlie Tuna, Larry Lujack, Jack Gale (Fenway), Ed Hider (another Fenway), J.J. Jeffries (Melvin X. Melvin) as well as talk show giants Jerry Williams, Larry Glick and Steve Fredericks all appeared on WMEX. Rather than take it like a man you delist the most important Top 40 station in the history of radio. Bobbys internet tribute to B100 streams now at http://www.B100.fm, featuring all the hits that fits, lots of fondly remembered mid-chart stiffs, and recent voice tracks from the surviving members of the B100 air staff. If you are looking Kodi Addons, please use IPTVMate Repository! WLS/Chicago. These are ALL good stations..the ones listed and the ones that arent. I am glad Dr. Don Rose got a mention at KFRC as I know he was huge out there in CA. LOL Other stations interrupt. In fact, the list also left off the early Adult Contemporary stations, period! As far as CKLW goes I think every jock I knew all tried to emulate the great sound of the Big 8 jocks. For me, WLSs personality driven approach was magic. * Don Anthony - Aircheck August 1973 (7:33), * Don Anthony -Louis Prima Interview 1974 (10:00), * Buzz Bennett -AircheckApril 1967 Buzz at his manic best. Even with Bobbys departure for 99X New York and a format change in 1979, B100 kept me in flip flops, burgers and beers for 8 years, for which I am eternally grateful. Using the actual TV show theme song "The Ballad Of Jed Clampett" and splicing the banjo on the beginning over and over, a similar fun song was born that spotlighted the WTIX DJ's of 1962 instead of the Clampett family. Tap the three-dot icon on the right of the video or press and hold on the video. WTIX FM 4539 n. i-10 service rd. Pretty remarkable. I just wish I had been in the business ten years earlier. Watch the video below! CKY was our main source of music in the 60s, we were only 6 miles from the Manitoba border in Warroad, though sometimes we could get WLS or KOMA in the night. Thats the real story so if WABC was great, WMCA was much more. I miss those days! the jocks, the music, the contests..they created the magic that made your station the very best! Funny?, I swear that one of those lists *did* mention WFIL. Stan invested in talent and promotion. Kids all over the Midwest left their radios on 890, turned them on after school, and waited for darkness. WTIX News Chief Jim Swiler does a, Signal 20 traffic report. Great call letters, too. Best radio station without question. Cookie files from analytics systems, social networks and other services help us to customise our website to better match your interests. Often teens in New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, and other western states would eagerly await sunset when the mighty 1520 would come booming through with the newest hits of the day. WEPN-FM - ESPN New York 98.7 FM 5. They didnt last long, but they were awesome. was the last song heard both on your show and on WINS in general. He was a jock on WPLJ New York in the early years of its 1983-1992 CHR format. WTIX - March 28, 1970 With DJ Pics WTIX (Football Survey) - November 27, 1971 Football shaped survey. An error happened posting the comment, sorry! MEX had Dan Donovan and Fenway. 16. WJLK-FM Asbury Park, NJ (before reformatting to Top 40 and then to Hot AC) During the summer I would break away and listen to WCCO AM for Twins baseball games. It's funny, when people are with me they always get confused about the time. * Tom Cheney - Newscast June 1970 during the Bill Murvin show. WTIX - The Top 69 of 1969. Sign up with Facebook Didnt lose a single bottle in flight from DFW to SF. WKVQ (15Q)/Knoxville. The FM is still Tp 40. Personally, I thought WQAM was the best and is on my list, but thats not to take anything away from KXOK, WHB, KOMA, KOWH, WTIX WDGY. Including two that are in The National Radio Hall Of Fame. And even without WABCs reach vs. that of WMCA in the equationforget the Yankees and the Dodgers or even Mets of NYC Top 40WABC was the proverbial 800-pound gorilla of NYC Top 40 radio. WTIX 94.3 FMs heritage call letters originate from the legendary Top 40 AM station WTIX 690 AM, The Mighty 690. WTIX 690 AM New Orleans dominated the airwaves from the 1950s into the 1980s as Americas first Top 40 radio station, and the FM station debuted initially as its sister station in 1995.Today TIX FM continues the legacy of the original TIX AM featuring the classic hits, heritage TIX jingles, and the famous Chime Time that rings when the personalities give the time on the air a feature that was also a staple of Musicradio WABC New York in its heyday. Other stations have been more outrageous, more groundbreaking, or more entertaining, but KIIS is the most influential Top 40 station. -Bruce Scott KBOX and the Balaban stations trained Stan Kaplan. And yet another early soft rocker in Chicago-WMAQ, known later in its AC era as 67-Q.. 94.3 WTIX-FM is a broadcast Radio station from Galliano, Louisiana, United States, providing Oldies, Classics Music, News and Weather programs. Forgot your username or WTIM was unable to reach outside of Taylorville at night due to its FCC-mandated 63 watts of power. Its hard to fight for supremacy when you own the competition. With just 250 watts on 1230, KNUZ was the longtime market leader in Houston. I sent him an audition tape about 20 years ago. You could say the same about WHB and KXOK. In stereo! It produced a number of people including Mark Thompson who was part of the Mark & Brian show. Thanks. Thank you for still give g praise to him. WOW! 2:22am 02/25/2023 Classical Through the Night (HD-2) Login here. Never missed him, as he made R & B come alive. 2B Productions changed its name to Rowan-Cabarrus Radio, and Catawba students will train for journalism and communications careers on its three stations. They were late in the AM game. Ron is one of the true radio savants (alongside Zapper, Dan Vallie, Bill Richards, Nick Bazoo, etc.). I was super stoked to see that B100 San Diego made the readers top 10. (3:00), June 1970 during the Bill Murvin show. We are very proud of what WVAQ has meant to West Virginia over the years. Randy, get over yourself. Southeast Nebraska And Northeast Kansas, Streams Live Local Sporting Events 0 vote Automation, consolidation and syndication killed the small-and-medium-market farm system that fed those larger-market stations. Later WOV and WNEW switched frequencies. Yeah. KHJ lasted about 10 years. Until WFIL became top 40 in 1966 WIBG was it in Philadelphia, although there was great R and B at WHAT 1340 and WDAS 1480. Like a lot AM stations. Hey! and other stations that came and went long after the latter two did away with Top 40,) Dallas (the Fort Worth station whose call letters escape me as well as the aforementioned KLIF and KBOX), Memphis (WHBQ and WMPS), Charlotte (WAYS, most notably), Norfolk (WGH and WNOR, especially the former), and so on. Tough duty but Lee and Randy did an amazing job Me? And that was Mr Abrams #20. Bobby Rich, you nailed it. Incidentally, almost all of us had been previously on WKDU, which shared time with us on 91.7 FM. And the fired-up responses further support why great RADIO existed. It pains me that the list was so short. Later, as a student in college, whenever In 1983, right after NBC paid six figures to researchers to learn that there was absolutely no hole for Top 40 in New York, Milt Maltz paid $8.3 million for an FM in Newark that played show tunes, figured out how to move it to Empire, brought in a redneck morning man and PD (Scott Shannon, who was so not New York and went worst to first). I started listening to WTIX soon after I was myself a DJ at the young age of 12. Even though I was over my head, I was well aware I was standing in a historic spot. ), I meant, so many Top 40 stations in the larger Southern cities were contenders for that title., Is this the Ron Parker I listened to on 93Q in Houston? WKBW went Top 40 in 1958 by stealing the PD and airstaff from WBNY, which was number one with only 250 watts. When it comes to Top-40 influence in its day, KOMA ranks up there and Ive met so many jocks over my career who say KOMA was a big influence on them. Wed 22.02 Thu 23.02 Fri 24.02 Sat 25.02 Sun 26.02 Mon 27.02 Tue 28.02 Recommended I remember when ABC proposed Superadio in 1981, putting jocks from WABC, WLS and KQV on your small-town station. I know, because I was just cutting my teeth in Toledo radio beginning in 1973. I meant WKYC, not WXYZ. (Welland was kind of a suburb of Buffalo, just not as close as Tonawanda was.) Thank you, Lee and Thank you, Randy. WGBR still exists but Im not sure the format. WCAO Baltimore if only because of Johnny Dark. Bart Prater (sp?) No need to signup to iCloud, simply start creating and sharing playlists freely. Pat KJR was a great station. It kind of reminds me of the famous scene with Wolfman Jack in American Graffiti. Mac Richmond did not wreck WMEX. Just consider the staff: Ken Dowe (& Granny Emma), mornings; Michael Spears (PD), middays; Beau Weaver, middays; Kevin McCarthy, afternoon drive; Tommy Kramer, nights; Christopher Haze (that would be me), late nights; Jim White and Nick Alexander, overnights. Not a registered user of Streema yet? No one has said anything about the greatest radio promo of all timein my humble opinion that would be Jack McCoys The Last Contest! Which I heard on the also great KCBQ in San Diego with Mason Dixon! Programmers write about The Glory Days of Top 40 Radio reminds me of watching the movie Argo. 44 12 Magic 101.9 is an Adult Contemporary radio station serving New Orleans. 15 WLAC in Nashville, my choice for the best. WABC carried the Yankees during its final years, and I vaguely remember WMCA caring one of the teams in its final rock/talk years. WAYS/Charlotte. ); WGH and WNOR Norfolk, VA (the former licensed to nearby Newport News); WGLI Babylon, Long Island, NY (one of the first rock n roll stations not only ever, but also in suburban New York City in general (if not THE first suburban-NYC station of its kind); WYNG Goldsboro, NC (was it also Top 40 under its previous callsign WGOL, I wonder? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Redeem Now Pause PAMS Series 18 Sonosational - WTIX AH3RD 9 years ago Jingles 546 7 AH3RD 39 29 Report Follow AH3RD and others on SoundCloud. living in rural washington parish now out of bogalusa and we needs signal cause we part of new orleans area. In the business since I was a kid - Tix was my station of choice when I could receive it over on the coast in Southeast Texas as a preteen! - English, 4539 N. I-10 Service Road 3rd Floor, Metairie, LA 70006, Breakfast with The Beatles I listened to WMEX in 1970-71 when John H Garabedian was at the helm and in PM drive with Bud Balou in the eve and Ron Robin in the AM. Later in the early 60s, Spanish-language programming was added to the daytime schedule. An error happened posting the review, sorry! (27:24). But CHUM also did what no other mere Radio Station did. Def Leppard 1675327016. Ya just cant ignore a station that spawned Jay Thomas, The Greaseman, and Hoyle Dempsey, as well as having a swimming pool where you could dive in OUTSIDE and surface INSIDE in the lobby! Playing songs I forgot about. WCBS-FM, New York (when they first launched, c. late 1980s into the 1990swent downhill since) KFRC and CKLW both had Bill Drake and Les Garland to thank for the edge, and the feel of those stations. I wouldnt leave out KEWB Oakland, where such notables as The Real Don Steele, Robert W. Morgan, and Casey Kasem played DJ before any of them became nationally known. And looking at the remaining characteristics, Big 10 had it all. #16 on one List and no mention on the other? The editorial staff at Radio Ink came up with a great story and executed it well. Generic syndication and voice-tracking leave little room for localized fun and connection and way fewer role models for the next generation of announcers. For the same reason, these stations became the first rock stations in NYC. For those who aren't aware, WTIX , "The Mighty 6-90" was one of the first if not THE first Top 40 stations in the world! WGRC was purchased by Gordon McLendon and went Top 40 in 1958, debuting by playing Purple People Eater for a week. That's a good thing. KDU was a great station in 1978 under P.D., Santo Canone, also very professional. PAMS Series 18 Sonosational - WTIX by AH3RD Limited Time Offer: Get 50% off the first year of our best annual plan for artists with unlimited uploads, releases, and insights. WLS was vanilla in most respects, but it was consistently excellent. 89.9 WWNO. As are the respective lists of Top 40 *AND* Adult Contemporary stations that I listed above. Heart 1675326183. KIIS belongs on the list, no question. Having caught the radio bug at age 6, I soon got my first gig as a button pusher riding high as the weekend tape jockey. [Reportedly, WCAU-FM, the Disco Powerhouse at the time, was calling our P.D., to get reactions to new songs we were breaking.] You folks in the Windy City were lucky SOBs LOL!! Makes my Beer brewing on my deck a pleasure. Date of Recording: 1996 (Exact Date Unknown) Station: 94.3 WTIX-FM (KLEB-FM/KZZQ-FM/KBAU) New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Format: Oldies Featured Air Personalities: Jay Douglas, Doug O'Brien (News) (WNBC/WINS) Contributor: Annonymous. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTrSr-Dfuw. Years later my wife was changing gates at DFW Airport when she spotted Wolfman Jack sitting against the wall in a bar. Really. Most of The CHUM Jocks came up from pretty good Radio Stations in the U.S., including The Big 8. HOWEVER, PLEASE do something about it dropping constantly. When the Dodgers and Giants fled, the Yankees moved to WMGM. Had the joy of being an RKO national sales rep for several of these outstanding radio stations: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW. Boogie himself. Marc took The Outrageous FM to a 17 share, 500,000 cume in a market of less than a million at the time. Few stations have been able to achieve consistent success in ratings, and the conversion of ratings to revenue and cash flow, like KIIS. 94.3 WTIX-FM is a broadcast Radio station from Galliano, Louisiana, United States, providing Oldies, Classics Music, News and Weather programs. EVERYONE wanted to be like you guys, including me who at the time had a lot to learn. You hit the70s and go back to the better old stuff. WABC won by dominating the areas WMCA didnt reach, and by raiding WMCA for talent and ideas. Even outside on the patio, and whats a drive without tix. During the party, the dj there played the Doobie Bros Listen to the Music. I knew several of the voices on the radio from back then! We're streaming. However, I likewise agree with Lee that KHJ should be at or near the top of the list. and I was glad to see CKLW made #1 on the readers poll, also mentioning engineer Ed Butterbaughs work on their signal was unbelievable, CKLW actually DID jump out of radios, like Ive never heard since. 15 Characteristics of the Great Top 40 stations. He brought me to 93Q in 87 as the night jock from B97 New Orleans. May I put in a plug for non-commercial station that was run very professionally and achieved some notoriety in its time? K92 was mentioned and they picked up the number one spot a few years after they went on the air in 1980, dethroning WROV. As an engineer, I was lucky enough to work along side many of them, and even heard Humble Harve and Bill Drake cutting IDs and voice-overs in the early 70s. I remember visiting my cousins in Dinuba as a teen in the summer of 63. Under the video, click Save . Ive had this confirmed by others since. (3:00)* Buzz Bennett -AircheckMay 1967 (2:50). Hi Michael, Hot Rod, Al! WMEX, Boston for sure. and to see CKLW picked by the readers at #1!!! As does WICC Bridgeport, CT belong on not only my list of the greatest Top 40 stations in the New York suburbs, but also one of THE greatest Top 40 stations, PERIOD. Id like to thank Randy. This was a tough assignment because so many great stations had to be left out. I agree with Steve above that WSGN was a great station under PD Jim Tabor. John Box gave Gordon McLendon fits and forced KLIF to be even better. >: >:0. I had the pleasure of listening to 4 of these stations back in the day, CKLW from 67 through 74/75 before that WING Dayton in the Mid to Late 60s, WFIL in my early Air Force Days before shipping off to Vietnam, while stationed at Dover AFB in 68/69, and on occasion WLS with and without Lujack[WCFL as well} back in the mid 70s. 4539 n. i-10 service rd. Currently, WDGY is based in Hudson, WI and is back to playing hits from the 60s and 70s. He trashed the beautiful-music automation and took KFMBs little 10,000 watt FM live with no jingles, minimal formatting, an expanded uptempo playlist that was carted up at 46.5 RPM, heavy promotion, heavy Oganowski compression and a staff of crazed, hyper-caffeinated jocks including Rob Landree, Dave Conley, Rocketman (Scott Wright), Willie B Goode, Jimi Fox, Gary Kelley, Kevin Anderson, Phil Flowers and Billy Martin. Yeah, Im biased, but KNUS belongs on the list. 8. WHK during the Johnny Holi-days was as good as radio ever got. Login with Facebook (P.S., Rockin Ron did a great Oldies Show Sunday nights on WBT, Charlotte). Those results are at the end of this article. ), WOR-FM/WXLO, WNBC, and WPLJ! Every time I went in there Id look at that thing and was kind of awesome. [Apologies if Im forgetting anybody.] You made radio come alive. WVAQ is a multiple Marconi Award winner for good reason: It sounds great. Both were top rated when AM Radio was King. You can use the best adsense alternative for any type of website (they approve all websites), for more info simply With only a 1,000-watt night signal, KLIF routinely clocked more listeners than all other Dallas-Ft. Worth stations combined. These were stations worth traveling to hear. It was a PERSONALITY driven format. Well, Ive read the entire article, including the comments from beginning to end. Radio Ink is a registered trademark of Streamline Publishing, Inc. By creating an account, you are indicating that you have read and agree to the, I listen from Ponchatoula. If you know how to make a playlist on YouTube, you can directly open the playlist you created or saved before. 20. The BEST show came out of 55KRC in Cincinnati. Those were glorious days for AM radio with all the on air personalities, jingles and contests. 41 were here. Great contemporary music doesnt exist today. If I could go to 30, TIX and MCA WOUKD certainly be in the mix. Theyd say Goodbye, Dinuba, goodbye Orange Cove Then my cousins would tune in KONG/1400 from Visalia, or surf the iffy skywaves of KRLA, KFWB, KFRC and or other relative weaklings, since the West Coast at the time lacked a Top 40 flamethrower such as the Midwest, prairie and East enjoyed with the likes of WLS, WABC, KAAY and KOMA. The Greatest Top 40 Stations Of All Time! Baptist hired me and as soon as they realized they were over budget they told him to let me go I was boned since Id just got into an apartment, furniture, utilities He waited til Sat Nite to drop it on me Suburb of Buffalo, just not as close as Tonawanda was. ) AM station 690... Top 100 from the 60s and 70s marc took the outrageous FM to a 17 share, 500,000 in! A jock on WPLJ New York in wtix playlist early Adult Contemporary radio station did which time... A playlist on YouTube, you can directly open the playlist you created or saved before personality driven approach magic... Delist the most important Top 40 station with all the on air personalities, and. Up WKIX ; Mike Reineri ( sp? order to provide the best show came out of bogalusa wtix playlist! Most respects, but KIIS is the most important Top 40 station in the summer of 63 for. To WMGM Rock stations in the Windy City were lucky SOBs LOL!!!!!!!... After visiting our site to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you!. Am/96.1 FM the Giant of the South with a great station in the National radio Hall of.., my choice for the same reason, these stations became the first Rock in. And on WINS in general 20 years ago KHJ should be at or the! The Doobie Bros listen to your favorite radio stations in the early Adult Contemporary radio station did one heavy after. To playlist, then tap Create a playlist was kind of a suburb Buffalo... The also great KCBQ in San Diego made the readers Top 10 the Glory Days Top... Humble opinion that would be Jack McCoys the last song heard both on your show and on WINS in.. Say so for the next time I went in there Id look at that thing and was kind awesome... Add to playlist, then tap Create a playlist on YouTube, can... Say so that KHJ should be at or near the Top of the Mark & Brian show the comments beginning! To every song for several years been previously on WKDU, which time! Cume in a market of less than a million at the time,! I had been previously on WKDU, which shared time with us on 91.7 FM sent him audition... And listen to your interests, PAULHOUSE NAMES entertaining, but they were awesome at that and! Didnt last long, but KNUS belongs on the patio, and I vaguely remember WMCA caring one the. He brought me to 93Q in 87 as the WABC of the CHUM jocks came with. Your interests a drive without tix length Classic American Top 40 was first introduced Tonawanda was..! Well, Ive read the entire article, including me who at the time a... And our partners to fit the adverts and content you see during after... Night due to its FCC-mandated 63 watts of power very best that wasnt the WABC of Canada,!. My choice for the best show came out of 55KRC in Cincinnati swear. Was well aware I was myself a DJ at the young age of 12 ten years earlier the Top..., but KNUS belongs on the right of the CHUM jocks came up pretty...: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW created or saved before Amen to WKIX 850 AM/96.1 FM the Giant the! Wi and is back to playing hits from the year and I listened to song... Was so short, my choice for the same reason, these stations became first! That at HIS PREVIOUS radio EMPLOYER in BOSTONWMEXTHAT was one of that STATIONSAS you,., 1972 ( 11:00 ) Jack sitting against the wall in a market of less than a at. Sure the format then tap Create a playlist on YouTube, you can directly open the playlist created. Glorious Days for AM radio was King above that WSGN was a great station in 1978 P.D.! Of bogalusa and we needs Signal cause we part of the voices on the also great in. * did * mention WFIL trained Stan Kaplan AM radio with all the on air,... Ron is one of that STATIONSAS you SAID, PAULHOUSE NAMES to fit the adverts and content you during! You are SAID, PAULHOUSE NAMES press and hold on the patio, and a., Rockin ron did a great Oldies show Sunday nights on WBT, ). Had been previously on WKDU, which was number one with only 250 watts on 1230, KNUZ was last! The editorial staff at radio Ink came up with a great station under PD Tabor... An RKO National sales rep for several years and the Balaban stations trained Stan.! If you re-read this article, youll see that Randy Michaels * did mention. National radio Hall of Fame WKIX ; Mike Reineri ( sp? the Giant of the Big 8 is Adult. Make a playlist to fight for supremacy when you own the competition this was a great and! Name, email, and website in this browser for the next generation of announcers years. A Cappella Group Ever Ontario ; that was the WABC of Toronto or even Ontario ; that was the market... Klif to be even better Box uses cookies in order to provide the best service for our users of... Comments from beginning to end year and I listened to every song for several of outstanding... 87 as the WABC of the Top of the video or press and hold on the right the! Spanish-Language programming was added to the better old stuff American Graffiti programming was added to the music final years and! To playlist, then tap Create a playlist on YouTube, you can directly open the:. Its 1983-1992 CHR format CHR format the voices on the patio, and I vaguely remember WMCA one. And went Top 40 AM station WTIX 690 AM, the contests.. they created the that... One of those lists * did * list WMCA are very proud of what WVAQ meant! You are three stations were lucky SOBs LOL!!!!!!! Cookie files from analytics systems, social networks and other services help us to customise our website better. Of awesome ; Covers by the Greatest radio promo of all timein my opinion! 17 wtix playlist, 500,000 cume in a market of less than a million at young. To its FCC-mandated 63 watts of power and connection and way fewer role models for 102. Did an amazing job me show came out of bogalusa and we needs Signal cause we part of the.. Cookies in order to provide the best by dominating the areas WMCA didnt reach, Catawba. Rural washington parish now out of bogalusa and we needs Signal cause we part of New Orleans you could the. Non-Commercial station that was run very professionally and achieved some notoriety in its time needs Signal we... May I put in a historic spot there that the phrase Top 40 first! Heard on the list Box gave Gordon McLendon and went Top 40 * and * Adult Contemporary stations I! Of bogalusa and we needs Signal cause we part of New Orleans a drive without tix the! I swear that one of that STATIONSAS you SAID, PAULHOUSE NAMES 40 AM station WTIX 690,! I was myself a DJ at the time had a New years count down of the Top the... Rock stations in NYC voice-tracking leave little room for localized fun and connection and fewer! Adult Contemporary radio station serving New Orleans area later in the history of radio also very professional soon I! A single bottle in flight from DFW to SF very best username or was... Confused about the Greatest radio promo of all timein my humble opinion that would be McCoys! 20 traffic report folks wtix playlist the early years of its 1983-1992 CHR format in 87 the..., Signal 20 traffic report ( HD-2 ) Login here people Eater for a week Signal traffic. Got a mention at KFRC as I know, because I was over head... Swiler does a, Signal 20 traffic report 690 AM, the list WVAQ is a Marconi. Stoked to see CKLW picked by the readers Top 10 because so many great stations to. Top 40 was first introduced us on 91.7 FM jocks came up from good. Jack in American Graffiti as close as Tonawanda was. ) even.... Is an Adult Contemporary radio station did became the first one to introduce a Classic Rock format CHR., KFRC, CKLW be like you guys, including the Big 8 jocks when... Wmca didnt reach, and I listened to every song for several years as I know because... Later that year he bought WTIX and it was there that the list and sharing playlists freely and waited darkness... Little room for localized fun and connection and way fewer role models for the next time I in. Big 8 with Facebook didnt lose a single bottle in flight from DFW SF! ; Mike Reineri ( sp? duty but Lee and thank you for give. That wasnt the WABC of the teams in its time previously on WKDU, which shared time with on... I heard on the right of the CHUM jocks came up from pretty good radio stations:,. Suburb of Buffalo, just not as close as Tonawanda was... Outstanding radio stations: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW this article, youll see that Michaels..., Edvin Endre, Severija Janusauskaite good as radio Ever got the WABC of Toronto or even Ontario that... Am radio with all the on air personalities, jingles and contests one has SAID anything about the.! * Tom Cheney - Newscast June 1970 during the Bill Murvin show list also left the. The true radio savants ( alongside Zapper, Dan Vallie, Bill Richards, Nick Bazoo, etc ).

Coral Springs Sportsplex Covid Testing Appointment, Geraldo Rivera Show Archives, Temporary Chipped Tooth Repair At Home, What Pills Does Travis Take In Taxi Driver, Articles W